Saturday, January 30, 2010

I love the beach. I am an official water, sun and sand girl (especially the sun part... sun+water reflection+genetically flexible dose of melanin+I've-been-in-the-backwoods-of-TN-for-a-long-time-and-am-therefore-whiter-than-I-have-ever-been-before-and-growing-sick-of-it=tan.). I never really thought much about my love for the Big Blue until we moved away from it. Classic case of taking-for-granted, I suppose. How unusual.
Coming back, I realize I am madly in love with my ocean. So I am going to post beach photos until you all fall in love with it too.




I loathe to say 'so long' to you, silvery sea!


p.s. For all of you poor, poor people who are stuck in horrid Southern/Eastern/Northern winter weather: Yes, this is the California coast in January, it is lovely, and there is a very legitimate reason housing prices are so obnoxiously high (and in my opinion, very much worth it). I am currently wearing a short sleeved shirt, light skirt, am barefoot, and have all the windows open in the house. I will commence soaking up the sun in the backyard after I finish making this post. Don't be too jealous. I fell almost guilty about how warm it is here.

1 comment:

  1. I am trying not to be too jealous, Hannah. But it's not really working.
    Here in Virginia we have 14 inches of snow and ice, and they are calling for more tonight and this weekend. JOY. I think I am going to move to the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete