Monday, November 30, 2009

The grass is always greener...

I was lying face up on the lawn in the backyard beneath my favorite tree... I don't even remember what kind it was... thinking about the long day of packing we had just endured, how tomorrow we would leave our pretty blue haven near the vineyards, and noticing for the millionth time how peaceful the grass and trees become in the early evening. The ocean breeze was blowing the trees softly above my head, the sun showing signs of setting (the most beautiful part of the day back at home), and I was alone on the lawn... tired, a little sad, and... with my camera.
A camera's ability to entertain is endless. "Oh look! A tree above my head! Let's take a picture." Suddenly you see how much more beautiful a simple tree can be when it is focused upon. Grass is suddenly what your depth of field has been daydreaming about, and sunglasses are now models (but sunglasses have an endless reputation for being making people look 'cool', so it's no wonder that they're so cool all on their own ;-).
I'm rambling. It's getting late, that's why I'm letting the romance surface slightly onto the blog. Tomorrow I'll regret it. How I make myself laugh. :-)

Maybe I'll put up my "better" grass pictures later. That sounds funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment